Sunday, January 29, 2012

Chelsea


Chelsea
This trip has by far been the most amazing experience of my life. I have learned so much about what it means to be Jewish. Most importantly, I learned that being Jewish is different for every person. Coming from a not very religious household, I was nervous to come on the trip because I thought that I would be lost from the lack of a Jewish education. Luckily, I was blessed to be put in to a group of amazing and welcoming people. Last night Benni took us out to explore the desert. I found it strange that he would not allow us to use flashlights, rather he wanted our eyes to adjust to the light and we ultimately, became one with nature. Our time of meditation brought about emotions that I never thought I had in me.  We sat, watched the stars and just opened our hearts. We sat for 5 minutes in complete silence in the middle of the desert in Israel, it truly was an overwelming experience. It allowed us all time to think about anything we wanted. We then came together as a group and Benni asked us to think of one word that described the emotions we were feeling. Breathtaking was my word.  Every person felt a different emotion and yet we were all connected in that moment. It made me realize that no matter our different backgrounds, we are all Jewish and therefore we are all family. I will forever remember this amazing trip with these amazing people. I saw my first shooting star!

No comments:

Post a Comment