Monday, January 30, 2012

Jenna (26)

Ive been back for a little over a week now and not an hour goes by that I don't think back to my wonderful experiences in Israel. Beyond thanking Birthright in general I was to throw a thanks out to our amazing staff. Without them my trip would not have been the same.

Rabbi- You were always there to tell us stories, jokes, and answer any questions we could through at you.
Beni- You are one of the most knowledgeable men I have met and I thank you for teaching me so much about Israel. I also got to hear about your family and seeing all your ninja skills.
Alexis- You got us all to start talking to each other and became friends with right away. I have so many fun memories of you.
Karen- You kept us safe at the bars and anywhere we went. You also go to know each of us and had a crazy time singing and dancing and fooling around with us. I am so glad I have you as a new friend.
AIdel- You were our mom, and my friend. I had such a good time getting to know you. You always took care of us when we needed it and listened to our non sense. And you taught us new songs and words that I will keep with me forever.

I also want to throw a thank you out to the soldiers. I didn't get to know all of you but the ones that I did I will never forget. I am so proud to have friends who do such meaningful things with their lives. Learning about your lives and how they are so different and also so similar to ours was a great experience.

Last but not least Im thanking the 38 wonderful people I got to spend 10 days with. I made some great friends who I cant wait to see again (I'm counting down the days). I miss my silly roommates, dancing on the bus, singing Waving Flag, screaming 303, 42, walk the walk/talk the talk, and of course, our countdown.

I miss you all,
26-Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment